Monday, January 15, 2018

The Haps

Happy New Year! Better late than never, right?! Really, you should all just give me bonus points that this is published before Valentine's Day. Who am I kidding? I meant 4th of July. I guess you could say, I've got my ish together in 2018!

Your favorite Orlando girl has been busy the past couple of months. But, this past weekend was the first time since mid-December that I didn't have to go anywhere or be around anyone and I took FULL advantage of every second.

I cleaned house.
I caught up on all my shows.
I kept up with my exercising (new year, new me, I guess).
I went grocery shopping.
I took my car to the car wash.
I cooked.
I washed clothes.
I I didn't apply make up at all.
I never put on real clothes.
I wore Nikes instead of heels.
I rarely answered the phone (even texts).

It.was.amazing. And exactly what I needed. Sadly, I've gotten used to being alone here in Florida and a two week trip to Georgia didn't offer any instance for solitude. During our work conference, I had a roommate during the week at the hotel. She is sweet as she can be, but bless her heart she talks so much and so early. I don't do mornings and that was complete torture. She wanted to have full on "feelings" conversations at 7am and, honestly, I don't even want to have those conversations at 7pm.
After a week with a hotel roommate, I was stationed on my sister's couch (so thankful!) for the next full week. Those neices and nephews of mine are adorable and just sweet as they can be, but if they could wait until at least 9am to start playing loudly in the living room, that would be ideal. Bless their hearts, boys will be boys. Trucks and trains at 7am, with sound effects! You couldn't sleep through that if you tried (trust me, I know!).

I got back to Orlando the Wednesday after Christmas and my girls flew in on Friday afternoon to ring in the New Year with me! While we had such fun and I'm so thankful they came to visit, I ugly cried on Thursday night while I was cleaning my house because I needed to be alone (Well, I think that was the underlying reason. the breakdown happened at that moment because there would be 4 girls staying in my 500 square foot house and there just wasn't room! I know, I'm dramatic).


Our weekend was spent with lots of laughes and sarcastic comments and many eye rolls. We drank a lot of coffee (and maybe a few other things) and ate way too much delicious food. It was perfect in every way! They left me on Monday and I never left my couch. Except to open the door for the pizza delivery guy. I watched football all.day.long. and loved every minute of it.

The next weekend, I met two of my three favorite Wood sisters, Katie and Emily, in Fort Lauderdale to see Jeremy Jordan at Parker Playhouse. It was like a dream come true! We've been stalking him since Newsies on broadway came to the theater and we never thought he'd be so close to us! Emily and I also got meet and greet tickets so we could fan girl evven more! He was so nice and took a picture with us. As soon as I told him my name, he said "oh, we got some southern girls here tonight!" ha! He was even more amazing in person and it was definitely worth every penny (which was a lot)!


We also got to enjoy yummy food in Fort Lauderdale and spent Sunday shopping in West Palm! It was such fun, but it ended much too quick. I get to see all of my Wood girls in about a month and I'm so thrilled for that!

February will hold lots of visits from friends in Orlando and a visit to Georgia. So I think I'll keep the rest of January low key for the sake of my sanity (and bank account)! 2018 has started out well and I'm looking forward to what happens this year. I'm thinking it just might be amazing!

Sassy as always,
AK

No comments: