Monday, October 30, 2017

Humble Abode.

I've been in my new house in Orlando for a week now and I still haven't fully unpacked. I could have done that this weekend, and really probably should have, but instead I watched football and Stranger Things 2. I know you're currently jealous of my productivity level and, frankly, you should be. I have so many clothes and finding space for them, plus all of my shoes, feels like such a daunting task in this tiny house.

I don't hate my house, but I also don't love it. For starters, it's too expensive for what it is. Sure, it's been newly renovated, but it was done as cheap as absolutely possible.There also seems to be more wrong that I saw originally and I wish I could cancel my lease at this point because I'm kind of annoyed. Lucky for me though, I know legal procedures for this in the state of Florida and I'd only have to pay two month's rent to break the lease. But, I don't really want to move everything again, and I know my dear brother in law isn't making another trip to God forsaken country so I guess I'll just stay put. Over the weekend I realized that my refrigerator door will no longer shut completely. I noticed when I first moved in that I had to make sure it closed all the way, but now it won't seal at all. Perfect thing to find out after a trip to the grocery store, huh? I put in a work order first thing this morning, so hopefully I can go re-buy groceries soon.

I haven't taken any photos of my house since I moved in, because you know, I'm not finished unpacking. But, I did want to share a few photos from the listing I found it on. It's 520 square feet, 2 beds, 1 bath and comes with the smallest kitchen I've ever seen. The thing I hate the most about it? There's not a single drawer in the kitchen. Not one. WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT MY FLATWARE?! There's also no where to put food (aside from the fridge that is currently inoperable). No pantry or cabinet dedicated to food storage to speak of. But, I'd rather have my food on display than my forks and spoons. Why yes, they are part of the Pioneer Woman collection from the Walmart, but you don't need to know that unless I've invited you over for supper. Not because you've stopped by to sit a spell and happen to glance over into the kitchen to find flatware sitting out on the counter. Ree and Paula would have something to say about this, I tell ya.

         
         
   
That backyard is screaming for a dog, y'all. If I were the dog having kind of person, not the traveling kind of person, I'd have one in a minute. But what in the world do you do with a dog when you're gone for a week at Christmas?! It's just not fair to the pup. I guess I'll just have to let the squirrels take it over. Oh, and the grass because I'm supposed to cut that myself, and in the words of Heather Land "I ain't doin' it." The house really isn't alllll that bad. Except for I did see a bug on the porch and that obviously means that I need to burn the place to the ground (or call an exterminator like a responsible adult to prevent them from getting INSIDE my house, but I don't do bugs so EWWW). 

The drive to work is about 15-30 minutes depending on which way I go and what time I leave. I've taken the toll road to work every morning so far because forever late, but I don't in the evenings. I've already had to refill my Sunpass once (after the balance gets down to $10 it automatically adds $15 dollars) so that's gotta stahp! I'm used to driving 30 minutes to work away, so that's nothing new to me. I just gotta start getting my tail outta bed in the mornings (and going to bed before 2am at night) so I can go the long way. The struggle is too real, y'all. 

All in all, the house serves its purpose and for that I'm grateful. It was becoming a challenge to live out of my car (and the model unit at the property). Finding clothes to wear definitely proved to be the most difficult task! 

Now, let's all start praying that I have enough room for shoes AND clothes between the two closets I have. If not, I guess we know what the spare bedroom will be devoted to! Forget the people who might want to visit. They better bring a tent...there's plenty of room in that backyard! 

Sassy as always, 
AK

No comments: