Thursday, August 10, 2017

Updates & Ramblings


Remember that time in April when I said I would pick back up the blogging again? Remember how I didn't do that? Well, let's try that again! I'm probably going to be very sporadic with my blogging until our busy season is over at work (September-ish), but I'm going to do my best to pop in from time to time and drop a few lines of ramblings.
I would like to say that I did have good intentions when I tried to start this over again back in March. I have three drafts saved, but never finished them. Story.of.my.life.


One of the drafts I saved talks about my second Toastmasters speech. I will not post it all here because it is b o r i n g and I'd rather not put any of you to sleep. The requirements were to organize a speech with 3 or 4 main points. I tossed a few ideas around with my girl Emily and we settled on the topic of customer service since I've obviously got that mastered. I came up with the 4 S's of Customer Service which are Silence, Sympathy, Solutions, and Sanity. To sum it all up that means, let the customer talk and don't interrupt, sympathize with them and let them know you are concerned, find a solution or two to offer them, and finally, stay calm even when the customer is not. I had a few funny experience stories to include as well. It went well, I think and I won the best speech of the day again! I will give my third speech next Tuesday and I'm excited about this one. I can't tell you here what the speech will be about because I'd have to delete my blog and start over again, but it will be highly entertaining! I can't wait to see the looks on the faces of these Athens natives when I blow their minds on Tuesday.


Work has been busy as ever lately. We currently have 46 properties in our portfolio and I am the customer service "department." That means unhappy residents, and usually their parents as well, call or email me to complain. Some days I feel like I can't return one phone call without having 6 or 7 more in its place. Other days, the phone is very quiet which honestly makes me more nervous!  At times I get overwhelmed  which usually means I need to find a place to hide for a little while. I've asked for additional customer service support but that has been refused so far. I'm breathing, but just barely. I know things will slow down soon, I've just got to get through the next two months.


I completely stepped outside of my comfort zone earlier today and applied for the Torrid Model Search. Talk about putting yourself out there. I can't believe I actually did it. I've also only told two people about it because humiliation. #Introvert.
I am most assured that absolutely nothing will even come of this thing, but I can at least say I applied. There's a "casting call" on Saturday in Atlanta and I kind of want to go, but that's even more outside of my comfort zone! I'll see if I can talk myself into it.


I'm still living in the upstairs apartment and things are going as nicely as ever. It seems that we are getting cable again which means I can watch BIP in real time. Girl's night in the 666! Thankfully, school has started again which means the boys are not nearly as loud as they were. I've been terrible at posting on the Downstairs Update as well, but maybe I'll find some time to ramble soon. There's no real update to speak of, other than my shower head is leaking which is causing the wall to peel. I haven't mentioned it yet and I don't want to really because I'm sure he will say I need to pay for something to be fixed. I pray every morning that the shower doesn't fall in.


I think that's all the updates I have for now. My lobster is coming for the weekend so I've got some cleaning and laundry to do before her arrival tomorrow. Watch for a post about dating soon!


Sassy as Always,
AK

No comments: