Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Next Face of Torrid?

Happy Monday, my loves!

I hope y'all had a fabulous weekend. My weekend was low key, which was actually really nice. I needed some down time.

My sweet friend, Brittany, came to visit; she arrived on Friday evening. As I mentioned previously, the landlords decided to get cable again, so Comcast came to set that up on Friday afternoon. The guy who set everything up for my TV was a total dork, bless his heart! It took him about 30 minutes to get everything set up and he tried to make awkward conversation the entire time (even while Brittany was in mid conversation!). Side note: This new remote for the cable box is apparently a "voice" remote and I am not cool enough or fancy enough to own one of these. Anyway, awkward Comcast guy finally got the TV working and bid us goodbye, so B and I dashed out the door to grab some dinner while the rain had stopped. B is more indecisive than I am, if that's even possible, so trying to get her to give any input on food decisions was like pulling teeth. The only direction I received for Friday night was that she didn't want Italian, so I took her to my favorite restaurant, Brett's where we both had buffalo tacos. After dinner, we came home and watched the new TV until we [and by we, I mean me] fell asleep!

Saturday was the Torrid Model Search in Atlanta. I ended up talking myself out of going on Friday, but by the time I was getting ready on Saturday I was already starting to regret that decision, so I got ready and we went anyway! B and I stopped by Chick-fil-A for lunch (her decision!) on our way. We are two peas in a pod when it comes to CFA. I think we could both eat there three meals a day and not be tired of it. Do they have brand ambassadors? They totally should if not. I wanna get paid to eat mor chikin'.

We arrived at North Point Mall and I was still trying to convince myself to go through with this model search process. I stood off to the side watching all the other women for at least 20 minutes. Finally, I decided to get in line and there was no way to back out at that point. They gave me a slip of paper to fill out with my information and answer a few questions. They gave us all numbers (I was 581) and we all sat and waited for photos and interviews. They had a "red carpet runway" set up at the front and music blaring all day. Many ladies did their best model walk and some even got up to dance! It was a lot of fun, really. They took photos of us and then interviewed each of us. The interview was only one question though, so I felt like it was really pointless. But, whatever.


 This entire process was completely outside of my comfort zone so I literally waited until the last minute to apply. I know there is basically no chance that I will be one of the finalist, but I'm SO glad that I actually applied and went to the casting call. I knew that if I didn't go on Saturday, there would be even less of a chance to be considered so I HAD to go or I would wonder "what if" forever. I'll probably never apply again, but it really was a fun experience!

I guess I should also mention that my Mama really missed an excellent opportunity when she named me. Instead of Audra Kate, I should have been Grace. On the way into the mall on Saturday, I completely face planted in front of God and everybody. There was a section of pavement that was uneven and I didn't notice it until I was forcing myself to get off the ground. It didn't help at all that I was in wedges and romper, either. I almost turned around then because I figured it must have been a sign to not go to the casting call. But, even with scraped knees, I went anyway and gave it my best.



The Atlanta sister, Alicia, met B and I at the mall and we all went out of dinner that evening. We went to The Tavern in Alpharetta and it was very underwhelming. My cousin loves that place, so I thought it would be good to try out, but I doubt I'll ever go back. I will say it was cool atmosphere. They had someone playing the guitar and singing in the lounge area, and he was actually not bad. Food wise, though, thumbs down. 

B and I slept in this morning and then roamed around town to find a place for brunch. I wanted Mama's Boy, but it was way too crowded. The line was already around the side of the building so we decided to find something else. We ended up at Mama Jewel's Kitchen, which is another one of my faves. However, today it seemed they were off their A game. I ordered the Ooey Gooey, which is a chicken biscuit with jalapeno peach jelly and cheese. I always add an over easy egg to mine to make it even better! Today they forgot my egg and I also ordered fruit with my biscuit and got grits instead. Le sigh - #firstworldprobs.

All in all, it was a fun and restful weekend with my B! I'm glad she came to visit, even if I am completely boring! I'm traveling for work this week and I'm excited for it! I'll be in Orlando and Gainesville beginning on Wednesday. It will be so nice to get out of the office for a few days at least. 

I need to start my Toastmasters speech for Tuesday. I'm not allowed to use notes for this one so I'm really nervous. Say a prayer for me tomorrow at 12pm if you think about it! 

Sassy as always,
Audra Kate 

No comments: