Friday, May 5, 2017

Fun Fact Friday: Food Edition

The other night someone asked me to name some of my favorite foods. I began to name a few things and I immediately knew that the question should have been turned around. Instead of my favorite foods, they should have asked what foods I don't like. That list is much shorter. Hello avocado! Seriously, I can't wait for that trend to be over. And don't y'all even start acting like it's not a trend. Did any of you avocado lovers even think about eating that mushy green grossness, besides maybe a little guac at the local Mexican place, before 5 years ago? NO YOU DID NOT.
Anyway, I thought it might be fun to write a little post about all of my top favorite foods. Because obviously there's a difference in favorites that you could literally eat every single day and things you just like.


When someone asks what my favorite food is, I always say breakfast food. I mean seriously, what's not to love? Eggs? Good! Waffles? Good! Bacon? Good! The only breakfast food I don't like is pancakes. Don't try telling me that waffles and pancakes are the same thing either, because they are not!


My favorite dish is shrimp and grits. Waving that Southern Belle flag proud, y'all!


I consider myself to be a rice connoisseur. But, hold the gravy please! I want my white rice with butter and salt and pepper only. I like white rice, brown rice, yellow rice, Spanish rice, fried rice, etc. I can make a meal off of just rice - give me some Uncle ben's Broccoli Cheddar rice and I'll be set!


Mexican food is comfort food. It's all just so, so delicious. Y'all know the sweet tea at the Mexican place is always the best, too! And, John 7:38 says something about having rivers of living water flowing from your heart, so I'm pretty positive that Jesus was talking about CHEESE DIP which means it's Biblical. Won't He do it!!


I love desserts. Cake, icing by the spoonful, pie, donuts, cheesecake, cookies, and even cobbler. But, there's an extra special place in my heart for ice cream. I have never, ever been too full for ice cream! And I have so many favorites! Cookie dough, vanilla with caramel, birthday cake, cherry vanilla, mint chocolate chip, coffee, peach, strawberry, superman, peanut butter, etc. I personally like to eat my ice cream out of a cup because, again Jesus said to do that. "A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap." -Luke 6:38


I also enjoy good barbeque because my Daddy raised me right. Now, I am not following after his footsteps to track down the best barbecue in the state of Georgia, or forgoing the microwave to eat a cold hash sandwich. But, I do love some barbecue with mild sauce stuffed between two pieces of Sunbeam bread! And, don't forget my bowl of bread and butter pickles on the side!


Because I was my Mama's "sweetheart, darling, baby, sugar pie, cake" I also love Chinese food. Daddy hates it, Alicia refuses to eat it, and VA isn't a fan. So, until Ad came along, me and Mama could only get Chinese when it was just the two of us. And, let's be honest, you know that didn't happen often! To this day, I still tell my Mama when I get to have Chinese food and I always call her to go eat with me if I've ever craving it.


When we were younger, my Mama used to cook almost nightly. We typically only went out to eat on Wednesdays (thank you, Shoney's for 99 cent Kid's Meals!) and Fridays (Quincy's or Ryan's because Nana lived in the big city!) As we got older, Mama started cooking less and less. By the time I moved out, it was miracle if we actually had supper at home! When she did cook, I always asked for her to cook my favorite things. Cheeseburger pie or ribs and rice. My requests were rarely met, but I think that's probably why they are still two of my favorite things!


I really love "fake food" as I like to call it. Chips and dips, meatballs, veggie trays, little sandwiches, fruit trays, and pasta salads. I think this is why I love going to parties and showers so much - it's my excuse to eat fake food!


My favorite snack is pretzels if I'm in a salty mood, or frosted animal crackers if I'm in a sweet mood. Don't even play around with those iced animal crackers mess. As my Granny would say, they aren't even fit to eat!


I could literally eat ranch on any and everything. I think I could eat it from a spoon if that were acceptable. If you've never tried ranch on your spaghetti, please do yourself a favor and spice up that spaghetti with a little hot sauce and ranch on top! You can thank me later.


And, finally, as you know, Chick-fil-A is my love language. When I call my sweet sister during my lunch break, she always asks if I'm going or coming from Chick-fil-A. Every.single.time. (Switched it up on her the day and had Chicken Salad Chick!) I should probably look up how many times a week I get to dunk my waffle fries in that amazing Sweet & Spicy Sriracha sauce, but I don't want to know. I know I should probably feel embarrassed by the amount of Jesus calories I consume, but I just don't. It's the Christian chicken - I'm getting my praise on with every bite!


What are some of your favorite foods? What do you hate?


Sassy as always,
AK

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Now avocado WITH breakfast food..WINNING! 🙋🏻 #givemealltheshowerfood #fishandchips #sometimeswedidgoonthursdaynight #BREAKFASTBAR #alsoyouknowIdolikemallchinesefood #thankyouverymuch
And finally, I'm not exactly sure how this will translate as a speech, it's funny but not a story if that's your topic. #werefunnierontheinternets