Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Livin' on BP time...

Does anyone else feel like this week is dragging? I can't believe it's ONLY Wednesday. I think I need a Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte to deal. #whitegirlstatus

This past weekend I attended the 71st BEP Vending Conference with the family. Also, here's a quick disclaimer - if you aren't following me on Twitter, you're really missing out. I mean, not that I'm really all that funny the other 11 months out of the year, but during the vending conference in October, tweets be cray. For example:





Honestly, I couldn't make any of this up if I tried. A whole different breed, those blind people are. I also like to say they run on BP (blind people) time, because they are never, ever remotely close to being on time for anything.




We had a lovely weekend at The Hilton in Norcross, GA. We frequented Chick-fil-A down the street since the food was hardly enjoyable, the vendors had meetings all day, I shopped, we visited the "trade show"(which basically means we got free food and swag...holla!) then Saturday night was the awards banquet. Everyone got all fancy, including one couple who decided they should wear matching suits, we enjoyed a not so great meal, and cheered on each vendor who won awards. My Daddy received a certificate for being in the vending program for 15 years, and Alicia received her 5 year certificate.


We got to spend some quality time with some of our very favorite people, and my biggest complaint is that the weekend just wasn't long enough. We laughed way too much, played too many games of blackjack, (yes, blind people can play cards, too!) and we definitely didn't get enough sleep; but nothing was broken, no fights broke out, and no one got lost, so I'd say this weekend was top notch!
I'm already looking forward to next year!











Happy Wednesday, y'all! 






1 comment:

Virginia said...

#youfired
#theycomingforyoulikethegypsies