Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Dog Days Are Over

Last week, I got as far as the title of this post then realized that even if someone was paying me a thousand dollars I couldn't produce a blog post that made any sense at all. I was knee deep in discovery documents for a deposition until late hours of the evening because paralegal. Not that I asked for a profession change or anything. It was handed to me ever so kindly. Anyway. Moving on.

 
Two weekends ago my best friend became a MRS! I'd like to say it was such a delightful event and we had the best time, but I just can't lie on my own blog. That seems silly.
The ceremony was beautiful, and there happened to be fun parts, but as an overall assessment, it was stressful and busy.

 
Friday, Jessica, Emily, Katie and I went to get pampered at the nail salon. We laughed, chatted and just relaxed before all the crazy of the weekend set in. Once we left there, we made a quick stop at Trader Joe's to pick up some of the wedding flowers before heading back to Jessica's to get ready for the rehearsal.

The rehearsal was early afternoon since there was a concert at her venue that night. It was a little confusing because no one really knew what was supposed to be happening, but the highlight was that I got paired with a 5 foot tall groomsmen. With me in 4 inch wedges, no doubt! I can't wait for photographs of that train wreck. The rehearsal dinner was at a Chinese place not far from the venue. The food wasn't really that great, and the waiters were incredibly rude to everyone. However, there was homemade ice cream and that was delicious!
After sweet toasts and tears, we left the dinner a little early to run errands. We had multiple items unchecked on the bride's to-do list, and only had a short amount of time to accomplish it all. We stayed up entirely too late, but we got everything finished, thankfully!


Saturday morning, we had to be up much too early since the ceremony started at 10am. We started with hair and make-up at the hotel, then headed to the venue to set everything up and get dressed. We had just enough time to make us, and the venue, wedding ready! It was such a sweet ceremony with such a beautiful bride! And thankfully, that's all that really matters!

 
I'm so excited for Jessica and Elijah as they begin their future as husband and wife. I cannot wait to see the ways that God uses them together for His kingdom! Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Chaney!





No comments: