Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Starring Jessica Wood

Time, slow down!
In exactly 11 days, my best friend, Jessica, will be walking down the aisle to meet the love of her life at the altar and take his last name. Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday she was calling to tell me she was engaged! Of course, they have only been engaged since February so it almost IS like yesterday. It's been wedding central around here for months. It seems that everything is finally coming together, though and with the help of her wonderful sisters and I, everything has been checked off the to do list!

This past weekend, Jessica's sister Emily, her friend Cynthia and I threw her a Hollywood themed bridal shower. We split up the tasks to make the whole thing much easier. Cynthia was in charge of food, Emily had decorations, and I created the invites.  I was excited they turned out so well!



 
Cynthia was super kind to let us have the shower at her place in Atlanta. Emily and I drove up Saturday morning to help get the house decorated and all the food prepared. None of us claim to be the least bit crafty at all, but we were all pretty pleased with the way the decorations turned out!
We had a photo booth set up, a red carpet as you entered the front door, and lots of glitter, and diamonds everywhere you looked. We decided to do all desserts and they were so yummy. We had macaroons from a French bakery, red velvet cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries and oreos, and a parfait bar with fruit and granola. We also had champagne with blackberries which turned out so cute!

I apologize for the poor quality photos, but these were some of our decorations. I also apologize for the lack of photographs, but I was too busy celebrating Jess and forgot my phone even existed!
Shocking, I know.
I was pretty proud of the favor table. I borrowed the cute frame and fabric from VA and Emily and I made the glitter champagne bottles! Pinterest win!!

 
Here's a few shots from the photo booth!

 
This is what happens when the 4 of us get together. LOTS of laughter and silly pictures.
I'm so thankful for these girls and our friendships that will last a lifetime!
 
The shower was a wonderful success and I'm so glad I was able to have a part in showering sweet Jessica with such love. This weekend is the bachelorette party and the weekend after that she will be a married woman! Bring on the wedding fun!
 
 

No comments: