Monday, May 4, 2015

First Weekend in Athens!

This past weekend was my first weekend actually staying in Athens and it was such fun! It felt really nice to not have to drive home or unpack anything last night.

Friday night, we went to Georgia Theater to see Yacht Rock Revue. They're a cover band who does 70's music, and it was a blast! Emily, Katie, Harley, the girls Dad and I all went.

Emily and I
After the concert, we went to Walker's and I had the most delicious coffee/espresso drink ever. We stayed out talking and laughing and sharing stories until 2am!
Here's a video of Yacht Rock Revue doing Hall & Oates' Rich Girl!

 
Saturday, Emily invited me to go bridesmaid dress shopping with her and her bridesmaids. We had brunch at Cracker Barrel here in town, then headed to Atlanta to find a dress. They tried on several, but had one picked out in no time!
That night, Jessica and Elijah came to town and we all went to dinner at Catch 22. Then, our group split and part of us went to see The Avengers: Age of Ultron - I actually saw the first Avengers movie with them, as well, so it was perfect that we got to see this one together as well. It was fantastic! The rest of them went back to Katie and Harley's to watch the fight.
 
Sunday, I met my friends David and Katie in Franklin Springs at my most favorite place - Victoria Bryant State Park!
 
We had a picnic lunch, played in the creek, and at the playground. I finally got to meet their sweet baby girl Maddy Beth and she is absolutely precious! Our friend DJ also met us and took us to see the house he just bought! We rode around town for a bit and just really enjoyed being together again. Almost just like old times, except Jessica was missing -and there was a baby in the mix! ha!
 

 
This is my most favorite spot at Victoria Bryant. When I was at Emmanuel, I always went to VB if I was upset or stressed to "drive through the water" over and over again. And yes, it always made me feel better! ha! I of course couldn't leave the park without doing it yesterday! I just love that town so much!
 
My first weekend in Athens was no doubt filled with friends and fun and I wouldn't want it any other way. How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?
 
Happy Monday, friends!


No comments: